Contributed by Peter N. M. Hansteen on from the puffy to the t dept.
For me this hackathon could be summarised in three words: ports, ctf and vmm.
I arrived a day early to Toronto and got starting importing and updating some ports updates I had in my tree. Primarily focused on a new port for Orthanc and an updated borgmatic. One of the great things about a hackathon is being able to chat with someone over beer or coffee (depending on the time of day) rather than bouncing e-mails over and over. This lead to a number of interesting discussions about CTF and how to move forward with this. After mpi@ imported the ctfconv(1) and ctfstrip(1) tools I reworked ctfstrip(1) with help of tb@ to be used as the default STRIP command for kernels builds. So all GENERIC kernels now contain a .SUNW_ctf section which can be viewed with ctfdump(1) and introspected with ddb(4).
While working on CTF I noticed a few small issues in vmd(8)/vmctl(8) error reporting and I was fortunate enough to be close to mlarkin@ and pd@. This allowed me to get a better understanding of these tools and I made a number of small improvements along the way.
All in all it was a productive hackathon and I met up with old and new friends alike. Thanks to the OpenBSD Foundation, UofT and krw@ for making this possible!
(Comments are closed)